Little Musings


Motive to restart my blog is not only to improve my writing skills but also wants to have a platform that can serve as memoir for the kids. They can learn how the things are when they are growing up, what Amma bragged or cared and to keep them informed on their witty events while growing up.

I don’t think I will remember each and every naughty thing they are doing now. Bazingaa… whos memory is going to be like that? Can any one narrate 20 years of past life. AAaah may be some but definitely not all of them. Probably Sheldon Cooper also not, right? Below conversation belongs to this category.

I did not change my last name after wedding. I am one among the few new genx women who prefers not to. There are couple of motives behind this complicated decision.
1.      Lot of legal things involved. Since I came to USA prior to wedding and lot of IDs are tied up with my maiden name. And this list includes but not limited to.. passport, DL, SSN, Bank account. Who has that much time to go around and fix the above list. Me not..
2.      I care my maiden name. This is the name I tagged along for 24 years and don’t want to tweak because I got married.
3.      DH don’t care because he is smart. 😊 He knows name does not matter as long as he(wifey) is happy. Deal done!
Considering all the above factors I stayed with my tougher name(just pronunciation and not any other reasonings for that terminology 😜 ) for the last 10 years of my married life.

But here comes the fun factor of this post. Out of no where one day, my older kiddo questions my last name since he just started picking the complications of the world. Poor one thought there is only one REAL name for a person until he heard this fancy concept. And the conversation goes like this…
Akshar: Amma, what is your last name?
Amma: KATRAGADDA
Akshar: Kaaathraghaddha?
Amma: Yes cutie..
Then he turns to his dad
Akshar: Nana, what is your last name.
Nana: PEDDU
Akshar: Peddhuu?
Nana: Yes
Then he starts talking to himself
Akshar: My name is Akshar Peddhuu Kaaathraghaddha
Yes, a true statement made by a 3 ½ year old but not inspired by a Hollywood broken couple or a legal case battled by Tennessee resident. Instead it’s an honest feeling expressed by a toddler indicating his life is COMPOSED of Mom and DAD 👪.  And indeed it is. Made my day!!! 

And a picture of my Curious George with Christmas tree at Aruba(November 2018)!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger