Wrap up 2018!


Wrap up 2018!
As year comes to an end it is good to reflect and see how the year has progressed.  May be its full of good memories or taught you some life lessons or experiences to further improve yourself.  It can be anything but it is always good to look back and analyze all those. Until few years back I am not a big fan of these kind of things and just skimmed thinking it as another year. It is after starting my self evaluations at work I realized a need for it to do in my personal life too. Professional self evaluations made me understand the weak zones and prompted for the improvement. At the same time it patted me for all the achievements. That spirit helped me to approach the failures with positivity.

Personally, this is a little troubled year but like the fictitious bird Phoenix, I surpassed each obstacle and reshaped myself from each one of it. Sometimes we make bad decisions that will end up with a result that is not desired and sometimes that will be unnoticed until you start feeling the aftermath of it. Biggest lesson I learnt this year is that’s ok and that is how we learn, that is how we progress and that is how ultimately, we succeed. This kind of experience is needed to balance joy vs sadness in life. And for me 2018 is one of those years with lot of bumpy rides. I learnt from few things, successful at few other things and happy for all the outcomes. So , I thought to pen down evaluations like how I do at work. 

Listing my top personal achievements and improvements desired for the coming year.
Achievements:
1.      Professional satisfaction
a.      This year has been a good and satisfying year in my career. Got recognized in many areas throughout the year and improved my skills in various zones. Being a working mom, these things definitely matter. One might question, is this is not part of my professional instead personal. But I leave my kid almost for 50 hours at day care so I have to make sure I am utilizing that time correctly and appropriately. Taadah…. definitely! Emotionally these factors in to my happiness.
2.      Hobbies
a.      New hobby. My Summer 2018 post has more explanation on this. 😊 But I also started another hobby. For now shhhhhhhh. Will post on it if I succeed. Watch out this space for updates.(2019)

3.      Bookworm
a.      For the people who knows me I am in to books. This is something I developed since childhood. Books were part of my family. Few days back my 3-year-old started narrating the names whom he felt, are his best friends. It started with his dad, mom, brother, grand parents, buddies at school and then he uttered “BOOK”. I smiled at him and then we closed that conversation. It did not strike until later time that book is the only item in his list which accounted for materialistic things. Woww… that’s an achievement. He is finding solace and company in a book out of all other items he plays or deal with. He did not mention Thomas/Peppa Pig or Car which are his other favorite items. Ahem Ahem.. something to pat.
4.      Restarting my blog. Yes, I did it after 9 long years.

Missed Objectives (Err more like Improvement plans)
1.      Anger Management
a.      I don’t say I have issues with my behavior but few times I go out of control when the situation demands. Usually my close ones are affected by this. And this year is no exception with few times where the situation turned out badly. This is a WIP item since few years and I think I made some improvement on this in 2018. Hoping for more change in 2019.
2.      Power struggle
a.      Don’t get too excited this is not regarding Elections or politics. It is more about my inner self. Until last year my soul always tried to balance the demands of unimportant people vs important people. It created a power struggle for me when deciding on certain situations. Most of the time it ended up satisfying people who don’t care me but want to have their identity recognized. This struggle continued for first half of this year too. It is only since few months I understood what is important. I think these types of situations will be no strange in 2019. But I expect to continue with my changed self when dealing this kind of circumstances. 
3.      Planner
a.      I plan my day, work week and weekend in a way they are well-adjusted and gratified. Looking back, some days I am not at my 100%. No matter it is at work or home. I am hoping to decrease this unnecessary deviation and at least target for more fruitful days in 2019.


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2019!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger