Simple Parenting


One of Akshar’s favorite desserts is gulab jamoon and he has been constantly requesting me for this laddo(anything round it is laddoo in our home 😉 ). I bought air fryer few months back which resulted in upping my cooking experiments. I wanted to try gulab jamoons in air fryer instead of oil to make the dish healthy. Well half healthy because I still used sugar syrup normal. But this experiment turned out to be disastrous(according to me) and the result can be seen below.


I was embarrassed on the outcome and shyly showed the above result to him. To my surprise his face lit up and he wanted to eat it immediately. I was not happy but still went ahead and served this disaster in his favorite mickey bowl. As he pushed his fork in to the brownish blackish ball my heart beat in high rate. I was biting my nails(in my head) and eagerly waiting for the verdict. Lot of thoughts ran in my head and was calculating low how much he will be dissatisfied with the taste. I almost looked like a high school student waiting on final exam results.

Then I hear this sound(hmmmm) followed by “Yummmy”.
I know reader’s question, Is it tasty?
To test this, I dig in to mine and what is my judgement?
Its edible but not like gulab jamoon.
OK, Readers next question: Are you a terrible cook?
Dare not say that to me. I am a decent cook and only my mom can judge my chef capabilities, not everyone.

But why do my preschooler says its yum. Because he simply loves whatever mom makes.
Lesson here is our kids expect modest things from us and are happy with them(cautiously saying this statement , probably only till certain age). Whereas we moms try to overload on us trying to do too many things hoping to keep the little ones happy. But all they need is simplicity.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger