Passion For Dance

Dance, the word itself makes me to move my legs and swing my body. But I didn't get a chance to learn any cultural dance during my childhood. My parents were always afraid that this might ruin my studies. One more thing was transportation.I go by school bus. Dance class used to be a bit early.If I want to attend the class my parents must drop me. As both of them are working they are busy to do that. As a result my passion to learn was submerged during my school days. I used to take part in the other programs like skits,mime shows and some times in small dances. But never performed a cultural one. So I always longed for one.

After my school days I didn't get a chance to perform on stage. But my passion for dance woke up during masters. I started learning Zumba in the Recreation center. And again taking part in small programs. Now I am performing for one more program.During the practices I have a strange feeling when I watch little girls dancing. I remember my school days and I am repenting for not learning dance during the school days.....even I started scolding my parents for not taking care. Now I am thinking when can I get a chance to learn BharatNatyam or Kuchupudi....ie.,because there are some people who are teaching in Lexington. But problem right now is I am busy with my Thesis and can't spare time. ..... :( :( :(. Once again my passion is being submerged.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well written article.

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger