The Magic of Innocence


Childhood is one of the precious stages of life where your soul is pure and free from egos. Everything you see and do is from the view of a brain which do not have a single spot of darkness. No wonder why children are sometimes considered God’s replica. My kids are no exception and when I have a chat or hear to their stories my heart fills with pure joy. Sometimes they make me chuckle, melt my heart or leave me dumbstruck. Here I want to capture some of those notes from my 4-year-old which came out of pure innocence.


1.      During summer of 2019 we visited Wilstem Ranch one of the places where kids will have educational encounters with few animals. After a tiring morning, kids are full of hunger and want to satisfy their appetite. I am trying to feed them as fast I can so that we can continue our next quest of the day. After a spoon or two my Strawberry-blueberry (Akshar’s new and favorite nick name since July 2019) suddenly poses a question: Amma, why are you not eating. Despite hunger, he did not forget to check on Mom’s food.


2.      His new request is to get a new car or replace Mom’s car with a new one. He repeats this request occasionally. Over the weekend he was casually conversing with his dad when getting dressed. And then he popped out his routine request. His dad replied calmly that he does not have money since we recently purchased another car(Dad). Then Akshar swiftly replied we can use cards(Credit Card). While Krishna is awestruck with an open mouth and trying to find a follow-up statement, I hid my face so that I don’t burst out laughing in front of the kids. Oh my pre-ker!


3.      I bought a new kitchen appliance and somehow the opening/closing of this new one is little troubling. In the beginning I had to ask Krishna’s help in understanding the mechanism. He was not successful and then later after multiple trials I figured that myself. Being an Engineer you approach it with a detailed analysis that would let you uncover the mystery :P . Akshar always peeks at the new items in home and tags with me when I am cooking. So it's not unusual for him to remember the first fiasco when his two parents attacked the appliance to understand the functioning and then noticing mom opening it easily after few days.  What caught me is his comment after the later incident. “Amma you did it! Nana was not able to” . Ahem Ahem I am super hero in the eyes of my kiddo…


4.      Maternal grandparents visited the kids for 2 weeks during the Summer(2019) and Akshar had fabulous time with them. Especially he knows what a fun it is to play with GrandDad. He misses them and constantly pesters me once in a week to get them back. During their visit my dad’s spectacles brokeAkshar noticed it and then he informed me “Tata” needs new glasses. When he needs something he approaches me and requests for the new thing, be it a toy or food or clothes. And he felt it’s the same with Tata. In a way he kind of made me realize “Grandparents are also my responsibility in addition to him and his brother”. ðŸ˜Š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger