10-YEAR Challenge


10 Year Challenge!! This is the hot trending contest which is swamping through the social media. Its to share the pictures of 10-year-old to current. It includes self or best buddies or changes in their life or environmental effects. It is very nice to look and read through all these posts. In a way it helped me understand about some of my new friends whom I met in the last decade. Reading through all these pushed me in to my memoir mode. What have I done or achieved in the 10 years.

A Lot!!!

Not because I got married or had kids or went through life changing moments. But I did see lot of changes in my PERSONALITY.

1.    Extroverting: I am an introvert by nature but in the last decade I have been drifting slowly to other side. Not saying I am an extrovert now, but I can feel some change. My meter is slowly moving down in one while counting up in the other. This might be from my experiences or situations. If people from my previous decade met me now, I can confidently say they will be surprised with this Siri 2.0 version.
2.  Well-being: Be it my infertility or immediate family members health conditions, I was able to incorporate lot of changes in my everyday lifestyle. My food plate changed over the course of years, leaned towards mindful eating and made sure to sweat calories consistently.  I am happy with this specific transformation since it is directly proportional on my family health.
3.    Forever Student – I picked on lot of skills in the last 10 years. When I was in early 20s , I was always under the impression , teens to early 20s are usually considered peak stages of Student life and later era is moving to higher role where you only share knowledge. Not! There is always room for improvement in our daily skills or learning new skills. This is something my experience in the last 10 years have taught me. Cooking, sports, politics, finances, investments or my professional work. Having this kind of mindset opened a new window in my personality. It helped me better understanding/learning new things and always syncing me up in learner mode.
4.    Shaking the shy off: Growing up I am always a shy kid behind my dad or mom. Letting them take the stage and getting guidance from them. This slowly changed as I moved to US. And for the past 10 years, I am able manage and face many situations independently. Nice bonus being shy is tolerating the circumstances (when your heart says not right). Raising my voice or expressing opinion was hardly done previously. Most of the times I accepted the situation even though I did not like. “It’s ok to say no or express your discontent” skill has been acquired in this 10-year span.

Looking back, I am happy and grateful for all these changes. These experiences made my life more joyous and flavorful. Now I am curious for the next 10 and will revisit this post for a compare. 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BUDUGU

I am Back...

Value of Hunger